Innocent beliefs
A World War 2 Trilogy - By FRED NATH (Novelist and Neurosurgeon)
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Covid-19 [5]
Covid-19 [4] The NHS
Covid-19 [4]
Covid-19 [4]
Covid-19 [3]

Most Popular Posts

Fred's Doc Blog
The Trial by Franz Kafka -my personal view.
Dr Bawa-Garba and Manslaughter
How to self-publish your book (Episode 1) - a Quick, Easy Solution!
Trigeminal Neuralgia

December 2010
November 2010
October 2010

powered by

Fred's Blog

Innocent beliefs

When I lived in Glasgow, many years ago, my two elder sons aged 5 and 7 learned a song at school:

Jesus bids us shine with a pure, clear light,
Like a little candle burning in the night,
In this world of darkness, Jesus bids us shine,
You in your small corner and me in mine.

Maybe you’ll think I’m stupid, but it always moved me. Why? Because it’s about the purity of a child, about kindness and above all the right of a child to believe.
Believe in what? I hear you say.
It doesn’t matter whether you substitute Mohammed, Buddha or Jupiter Optimus Maximus for Jesus, it’s what we should bring our children up to believe in – about a culture of kindness. The hidden meaning of pure, clear light is innocence and kindness. This is the same in any religion It’s about that pure, clear light that emanates from the eyes of a child of any hue or culture.
Children are our hope and investment for the future. We have a duty to protect them where and whenever we can. Every time a child is abused sexually, mentally or physically it happens because they trust their abuser. It is our duty to ourselves and out morality to ensure their safety, and not allow abuse of the trust any child should be able to bestow upon any adult.
And what of the reality? Children the world over are right now being abused by the people who they should have been able to trust, by wars, local violence, by systems which deny them a decent life.
But I reflect on what I’m doing about it myself. Talk is cheap but gin costs money. The truth is it isn’t enough to just donate to UNICEF. Once I finally retire (about 18 months) I think I have to find a way to do something although I must say I’m still trying to work out just what I should do.

I guess I’ll be judged by whether I actually put my money where my mouth is over the next few years, or not – you have the right to ask

10 Comments to Innocent beliefs:

Comments RSS
Jason Bravo on 02 March 2019 06:53
I am glad to read about ay baba g here.
Reply to comment

rushmypapers on 23 March 2019 09:12
Many organizations like UNICEF have been ding a great performance for the betterment of the children's future.We should create an environment where there is no chance to be abused by the others and where the children can spend their life free of risk.This innocent belief should be reflected in the real life and in the community.
Reply to comment

Fred on 04 June 2019 08:07
Cant agree more!

australian writing on 23 March 2019 09:13
Reply to comment

Spiderman hoodie on 01 July 2019 06:08
I should say only that its awesome! The blog is informational and always produce amazing things
Reply to comment

Blade Runner 2 on 13 July 2019 10:09
Good post. Thanks for sharing with us. I just loved your way of presentation. I enjoyed reading this .Thanks for sharing and keep writing. It is good to read blogs like this. As constantly, we appreciate yourself assurance and accept as true within us.
Reply to comment

profile picture on 08 August 2019 04:03
Keep up the good work; I read few posts on this website, including I consider that your blog is fascinating and has sets of the fantastic piece of information. Thanks for your valuable efforts.
Reply to comment

alex on 22 September 2019 20:56
The hidden meaning of pure, clear light is innocence and kindness. this is very truee
Reply to comment

standard deviation on 15 February 2020 14:50
governments should take serious steps to save the future of childrens.some organizations are working on it that's not enough it's the first responsibility of government
Reply to comment

yalla on 15 February 2020 14:54
hello everyone this is the best blog
Reply to comment